The IWEA is pleased to advise that it has renewed its Alliance with The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This Alliance has been in place for several years and it has proven to be of great benefit to those Association members who have utilized it. Open lines of communication have been created along with the sharing of information, ideas and alerts. A brief summary of the Alliance is listed below.To learn about additional benefits of this Alliance contact the Association office for more details. Current Members of the Association can log in under the members login section on the top right hand corner of this page to access the full Alliance Agreement.
William C. Ligetti, Jr.
In a cooperative effort to strive to meet challenges of fostering safe and healthful worksites and meeting OSHA's strategic goal of improving the safety, health and well-being of the nation's construction worforce, both the OSHA Pittsburgh Area Office and the IWEA of Western Pennsylvania, Inc. have agreed to establish an alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for all affected parties.
Both parties will work together to affect the following outreach and communication goals:
- Exchange technical information and best practices
- Provide the OSHA Pittsburgh Area Office with professional and constructive feedback to better serve the safety and health needs of the members of the IWEA of Western Pennsylvania, Inc.
- Use existing communication tools more effectively including: websites, newsletters and communication tools, stimulate the development of new resources and tools
- Provide and encourage participation in OSHA's cooperative programs, to include site participation in the Voluntary Protection Program where applicable, and the utilization of OSHA's free Safety and Health Consultation Service
- Encourage IWEA of Western Pennsylvania, Inc. members to send selected employees to an OSHA Train-the-Trainer Course on Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry